Photo by Photography by Jim Nicolais
My husband and I are celebrating our eighth wedding anniversary today. I can’t believe it has been eight years! We celebrated last week with a vacation to San Juan, Puerto Rico.
Since it is the height of wedding season, I started thinking about weddings and the expense(s) associated with them. Engagement party, shower, bachelor/bachelorette party, attire and wedding gifts all add up FAST!
Two of the best gifts we received were a Kitchen Aid mixer and a large wooden salad bowl. I always think about the people I received them from whenever I use the items!
Another great gift from a couple not able to attend our wedding was an “ice cream theme”. The theme included: ice cream sundae dishes and various ice cream toppings along with a gift certificate to a great ice cream shop. I think I’m still trying to lose the weight I gained that summer!
Here are a few tips to survive wedding season when money is tight:
- Pair items together: small kitchen gadgets or gardening gadgets
- Add on: buy a pair of wine glasses and add a nice bottle of wine or even make a wine journal
- Date Night Theme: gift certificate for movie theater & restuarant or cooking class
- Buy a big, bulky item on the registry. Small appliances or beach towels can have a big bang for the buck. Don’t forget to wrap it yourself unless there is free wrapping!
- Remember to order the gift early to get the best selection on the registry and shipping. Don’t forget to consider the best option for shipping.
Do you have any savvy ideas for a wedding gift?